A voice for the PEOPLE (...the ones in my head, that is)!!!
Its okay, they know me here!

Thursday 18 October 2012

It's A Countdown. Like Beyonce's...But Better!

Thats right, Beyonce : better. So ever since I was fourteen my birthday has been bittersweet for me. My birthday is always near/ during exams so when I countdown to my birthday I'm basically counting down to exams. And now I'm turning 21.

I'm actually excited to turn 21. Twenty has been a tough year. You know; its that awkward year between being a teenager and a full adult. Now that I'm almost at this important milestone in ones life ( not quite sure why though) I find myself reflecting on my two decades here. If I could go back in time and tell the younger me something I would tell little me not to worry so much. And to probably eat more vegetables ( or something like that). I would also tell myself to enjoy being a kid more cause growing up isn't as fun as we thought it would be.

I have lived and seen places that most people only dream of in my seemingly long ( but not actually) life. I've eaten chips with yourhurt, dirt and ants ( they're sour). I've danced in the rain and played in the London snow. I've seen what the world looks like through my fuzzy/blurry vision and I've seen it in high definition with my contact lenses ( amaze's me every time). I've made friends for life and lost friends that I  never thought I would in my life.  I've loved, I've stumbled; I've failed and  I've succeeded. I've cried, and smiled; never broken my bones but I've gotten stitches. I've been short and tall. I've been bald and had long hair. I've had everything and nothing.

But most of all I've laughed. And sometimes all you can really do is laugh. Like when you write a test and everyone comes out laughing cause you all know you just failed. Haha. And through it all I've been blessed.

Graduating from being a kid!
So heres to counting down to exams and my birthday. 9 DAYS...it better be awesome. Or else.
Stay fresh!

No comments:

Post a Comment