A voice for the PEOPLE (...the ones in my head, that is)!!!
Its okay, they know me here!

Thursday 26 April 2012

Video Games: Nostalgia

This cape town rain is just not agreeing with my hair. I mean lets face it, relaxed black hair and rain don't sit well together. Am I right girls? And guys too I guess ;cause apparently now the in thing is for boys to relax their hair and slick it back with gel. Um, okay. Each to his own I suppose ( kids these days). Anyway, why'd I start my post like that? Oh well.

The other day I had lunch with my girls Siyanda and Lerato; and the three of us went to high school together. And we couldn't help but reminisce on those days long gone by. I mean sometimes I feel so old and I'm only 20. Feels like I've been doing this forever. Like the other day on campus I walked past a lecture theatre that I hadn't been in since first year and that just made me feel old. I mean has it really been 3 years since matric? First year feels like just yesterday.

I remember this one time in matric when our English teacher was late for class so my class, 12 A decided we would go to the matric lawn and wait for the teacher there. And then we were like we should probably leave a note so everyone in the class wrote one letter on the note so that we were all in it together! One goes down we all go down! The note said "  Close your eyes and count to ten" cause we were playing hide and seek with her! hahaha! Pretty sure my english teacher didnt like me though. She always scrutinised me for eatin apples in her class but she would let some guy eat sticky chicken wings without so much as a word. hater.

Another time Siya tried to steal a COPE poster from the side of the road near where they were rallying but this dude started chasing her so she dropped it and ran. In grade 10 the Boks won the rugby world cup and we all got to wear something green to school. Then in first year we made a video on the streets of cape town. This year I started a blog.  I mean who would have imagined?

Life seems to have moved so fast in retrospect but hey I still remember those double science and maths periods like it was just yesterday. Point is that I miss it sometimes, I wont lie. I miss knowing that everyday I was going to my home to sleep in my bed not some dodgy res bed. I even miss being stuck in the morning traffic with my mom on the way to school. It was a simpler time then. Just wanted to take this time out and remember the times.

good times
There you go Siyanda Mad, are you happy now?! LOVE YOU.

1 comment:

  1. LOOOOOOOOVE IT!! its going down in the books as one of my favourites.............hahahahahahaha oh to be young and naive

    ReplyDelete